– SUBMISSION DEADLINE :
May 1 (PDT=UTC-0700) Extended to May 15, 23:59 (PDT=UTC-0700)
– ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION : Early July, 2023
Both oral and poster presentation should be conducted by the first author. Presentation by one of
the coauthors can be considered only under unavoidable circumstances. In that case, please
inform the secretariat (email@example.com) of the situation and
the final decision will be made by the program chair.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Authors of accepted papers are required to agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Accepted abstracts will be published electronically in the Extended Abstracts. The copyright
of abstracts belongs to The Japan Society of Applied Physics, except the rights to:
- retain all property rights other than copyright
- reuse whole or a part of the abstract in other works
- reproduce or have reproduced the abstract for the author's personal use or for
his/her organization's use, provided that the copies are not offered for sale.
- The copyright of presentation materials belongs to the authors.
- All presentations will be recorded and made available online after the session exclusively
for SSDM2023 registered participants. Authors agree to the distribution of the recordings
that include their faces in addition to the presentation materials.
- SSDM will not be responsible or reliable if abstracts, presentation materials and recordings
of presentations infringe on a third party's copyrights and other intellectual property
- SSDM may occasionally use your registered email address to send information on SSDM.
- All submissions, changes and corrections, or cancellations should be made on the electronic
submission system. No submission via e-mail will be accepted.
- Accepted abstracts will be published electronically in the Extended Abstracts. The Extended
Abstracts will be disclosed on the first day of the conference, 0:00 (JST), September 5,
- As a rule, the first author should make the presentation. If you wish to have a co-author
present your paper due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the secretariat (or.knt.co.jp ssdm2023-abs). Please note
that if a co-author makes a presentation, the paper will not be eligible for the Young
- All submitted abstracts will be subjected to plagiarism detection such as iThenticate. The
abstracts with high similarity are automatically rejected, even if similarity sources are
publications of the authors.
- A submitted paper should consists of original and previously unpublished work, including
- Prepare 2-page, A4-size portrait (210mm × 297mm) abstract in
- An abstract should be submitted in PDF format smaller than 5 MB. Do not encode or compress
Abstract templates in pdf and word.docx are available from the banners on
the right side of this page.
- Write the paper title, author(s), affiliation(s), corresponding address, telephone
number, e-mail address on the first page.
- Make sure to include a brief “abstract” before the main text.
- Two-byte characters such as Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc. CANNOT be used for both
figures and texts.
- Accepted abstracts will be published electronically in the Extended Abstracts as they are.
All the colored artworks will be reflected as colored.
1. Create an account and enter account holder information
- To begin the process, an account MUST be created. * Even if you have an
account from previous years, you need to create an account for this site.
- From the Abstract submission page, click "Create an
Enter the account holder information. Complete all required fields.
2. Submit an abstract
- Specify the area from Scope to which the abstract
should be submitted. In principle, your abstract will be reviewed in the submitted area.
Depending on the content, however, your abstract might be assigned to a different area at
the decision of the Program Committee.
- Enter your submission information and upload a PDF file of your abstract.
- If you wish to make changes, complete an unfinished abstract submission or revise the
submission at a later time, you can do so until the deadline by logging into your account
with the login information you created.
- Each time you submit an abstract or change submission information, you will receive an
3. Receive notification of acceptance
- Notification of acceptance will be sent via email in Early July. Notification will be sent
to account holders only.
- ”Poster Preferred paper” is not assigned to oral session even if its rating score is high.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs’ discretion.
- Authors of accepted papers will not be automatically registered for the conference. Please
be sure to make registration later. Online registration will open in July.
For Inquiries about Abstract Submission, contact SSDM Abstract Secretariat: